Please refer to our below terms and conditions which apply to your purchase of goods from Giftobay Online, in-store at our showroom in Bolton, BL4 9TP, and over the phone. These terms and condition apply whether you purchase through our website at Giftobay.com, over the phone through our sales team on 01204 792 700 and in-store at our Bolton Showroom (BL4 9TP). Please note our terms and conditions are available on our website at Giftobay.com.
As well as our below general terms and conditions, other important terms and policies are also set out in the following returns policy sections. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you also agreeing to the returns policy, all of which form part of a legally binding contract between Giftobay and you as a customer, as soon as the goods ordered have been dispatched by Giftobay.
Giftobay reserve the right to change the following terms and conditions at any time. Any changes to the terms and conditions or returns policy will be effective for all new orders placed after the change is published on the Giftobay online website (Giftobay.com) You should ensure to check our terms and conditions and returns policy posted on Giftobay website before each order – they may have changed since your last visit.
If you have any questions about our terms and conditions, returns policy, supply of goods or Giftobay in general, please contact us or you can speak to a sales advisor by calling 01204 792 700, and a representative will be happy to assist.
Information about Giftobay.com and Goods Sold
By using Giftobay website (Giftobay) you agree to be bound by our company terms. We try to make sure that all information on Giftobay online website, including descriptions of our goods, listed prices, and images are accurate and correct at all times.
Please note when purchasing goods online, the shopping experience from buying in-store, is very different. In particular you should note that:
• The colours of goods as shown on the website will depend on factors including your display settings
• The sizes and shapes of the goods will differ in real life from how they appear on your screen. We provide dimensions and measurements in the descriptions of the goods and it is your responsibility to check that the actual size of each item suitable for your purpose
• Pictures and images on the website are for illustration purposes only. For an accurate description of any item and details of what is included with the item, you need to read the corresponding written description or contact our sales representatives on 01204 792 700 for further guidance
• All goods are subject to availability and we may not be able to supply your order. We reserve the right to withdraw any goods from sale at any time, and our only liability to you for withdrawing any goods will be to refund to you any amount paid to us in respect of those goods
• We do our best to deliver your goods in accordance with the delivery date set out in our final delivery advice email, but please note that all delivery dates given by Giftobay (whether on the website, over the phone or by email) are estimates only and delivery dates will vary. Please see further, for more information about delivery or contact our sales representatives on 01204 792 700
• Not all goods and promotions that are offered by Giftobay, will be available in-store and online. In principle, our online prices are the same as in our Bolton Showroom. Occasionally, however, you may find a difference in price, for instance; store and online promotions. We reserve the right to adjust prices, goods and special offers at our discretion.
Our website operatives do their best to check the website for viruses but we do not warrant that the website is free of viruses or other malicious content. For your own benefit, you should ensure sure that you have the appropriate software and systems in place, to scan for viruses and other malicious content whilst surfing the internet.
Availability of Goods Online and In-Store
Giftobay have the right (at any time) to modify or stop providing goods, online or in-store, either temporarily or permanently and with or without notice. Giftobay will not be held liable for any suspension or discontinuance, nor “special orders” of availability of products on www.Giftobay.comor in-store at Bolton (BL4 9TP).
Special orders are where ordered goods are delivered directly from our suppliers to the customers chosen shipping address.
Security of Log-In Details for Our Online Store
It is your responsibility, as a consumer, to ensure that your login details, password and all other details in relation to your account, remain confidential at all times. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you agree to let us know as soon as possible, if you know or reasonably suspect, that the security of your account is at risk.
Eligibility to Order Goods
By agreeing to our terms and conditions, you are accepting that you are aged 18 years or over. You will need an active email address and a telephone number at which you can be easily contacted by our sales and aftersales representatives. All goods sold through Giftobay online store, are intended for domestic use only. Goods are not suitable for commercial or industrial use unless stated.
Placing Your Order Online, Over the Phone or In-Store
Please refer to our “Help-How to Shop” page, for information about the steps involved in placing an order with Giftobay.
Our order acknowledgement email sends out the final details of your order which you have submitted to Giftobay's online store. Please take care when placing your order, as you will be unable to add to or amend your order after we send the Order Acknowledgement email, without notifying the sales or aftersales representatives. The order acknowledgement email contains; details of the goods you have ordered, the total cost of the order including shipping / delivery costs, an order number and a copy of our terms and conditions which you have agreed to, prior to submitting your order. The order acknowledgement email is an invoice and acknowledgement receipt of payment and summary of your ordered goods which you should print off a copy, along with a copy of our terms and conditions, and keep them safe. You will need to refer to these details when contacting us about your order. Please note that the Order Acknowledgement email is simply an acknowledgement that your order has been received by Giftobay and does not indicate that we have accepted your order and does not form a binding contract.
Acceptance of your order will take place only when we dispatch the goods to your shipping address, entered whilst placing the order online, over the phone or in-store. Until we dispatch your ordered goods, no contract will have been formed between yourselves and Giftobay, except as set out in the below paragraph;
In the case of goods that are made to order, acceptance of your order takes place at the point at which we send out our delivery advice email. Although we hope to be able to supply all goods ordered, Giftobay reserve the right, at our discretion and without the need to give reasons, not to accept any order at any time. Should we refuse your order, we will notify you as soon as possible and a refund will be transitioned within 4 working days after this notification.
Payment of Goods; Online and Over the Phone
Giftobay will only take payment from your card at the time you place your order for the goods chosen by yourself. We will contact you directly, using the details provided by yourself at time of purchase, if we have any problems taking payment from the card details you provide during the order process. Please note; taking payment does not mean we have accepted your order and, in the event of us not accepting your order, a full refund will be given as soon as reasonably possible (and in any event within 14 days of us advising you that your order has not been accepted).
Pricing Of Goods Advertised Online
Unless otherwise stated, all prices displayed online, in-store, are inclusive of VAT and other applicable taxes. The prices stated, do not include the delivery fee, which will be added to your total order price in accordance with paragraph below.Except where otherwise set out in our terms and conditions, the price payable by you for the goods, is the price given by Giftobay, at the time you place your order. In most cases the delivery fee payable by you for your order will be that which is given by Giftobay at the time you place your order. The delivery fee will be calculated according to your postcode, the weight of the goods, the size of the goods you would like to purchase. For more details on the delivery fees, please see our delivery information on our website (http://www.Giftobay.net/delivery.php)
Pricing Errors on Goods Advertised Online
Please note, whilst we try to ensure that all the prices on our online website and in-store, are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible. You will then be given the option of re-confirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order. This will only occur before the contract between the customer and retailer is formed.
• If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you by email
• If you decide to cancel your order after we have informed you of a pricing error and you have already paid for the good s, we will give you a full refund as soon as reasonably possible, which will be transitioned within 4 working days after this notification
Delivery of Ordered Goods
These are the terms and conditions which apply to the delivery of goods purchased by you, from us either online at www.Giftobay.net, in-store or over the phone. We reserve the right to change the Delivery Terms at any time and the couriers used may also be subject to change. This does not apply to any customers who have already placed the order.
Location of Deliveries
We deliver to the shipping address specified by you, when purchasing and are not held liable for any changes to this address, after the order has been dispatched please note below, important information on delivery to specific locations.
We have a number of UK and International delivery options that you can offer customers.
• UK Standard Delivery (2-3 days from dispatch) £4.95
• UK Next Day Delivery (next working day) £7.95*
• UK Saturday Delivery (Saturday guarantee) £10.95
• European Delivery (5-6 days from dispatch) £10.95**
• RoW (7-14 days from dispatch) £16.00
* UK Next Day Delivery orders must be placed before 2pm to be dispatched same day. Pricing of Deliveries to the Shipping Address Specified At Time of Purchase
The delivery fee payable by you, for your ordered goods, will be that which is given by Giftobay at the time of purchase. The delivery fee will be calculated according to your postcode, the weight of the goods and the size of the goods as per mentioned earlier.
Delivery Restrictions Which Can Apply
Some of our furniture is larger than you may expect. Please note, it is your responsibility to check the measurements of the goods before purchasing, to ensure there is enough space at the delivery address for delivery to take place. Prior to the delivery of goods, you must ensure that there is sufficient access and space to complete the delivery and that all staircases and lifts providing access are suitable for the delivery. You must ensure that your property and the delivery area are safe for delivery staff and is accessible for the courier services. All fragile items which could be damaged during the delivery, such as lights, vases, pictures, etc. should be moved prior to delivery of goods. We will take reasonable care and skills when delivering at your premises.
Acceptance of Ordered Goods, At Point of Delivery
Delivery will take place at the shipping address specified by you either during the online order process or on the sales receipt in- store. We ask you to provide us with two telephone numbers (Mobile and Home) and an email address so we can contact you easily and advise you of your delivery time. You as a consumer are solely responsible for ensuring that we are able to make delivery to the specified shipping address and that you are available to accept delivery at this address on the delivery date, mutually agreed between yourself and the courier. Please try to inform us as soon as possible if you know that you are not going to be in, to accept delivery of the ordered goods. We will not be liable for any delay in delivery as a result of any act or omission by you. If you are not personally available to accept delivery, you may appoint a representative to do so in your place. The representative must be an adult capable of receiving delivery on your behalf, and you agree that we will be entitled to rely on the representative's instructions as if they were your own. Delivery staff is not permitted to leave any items that have not been signed for. You will be asked to sign the delivery document confirming that the delivery has taken place. This will not affect your legal right to notify us if you subsequently find a defect in your goods. We advise that you let us know about any damaged, missing and/or incorrect goods within 14 days, which is a legal and reasonable period of time, from the day after you have received delivery of the goods. This is an opportunity to inspect the goods further, before reporting any damages or missing parts to your ordered goods. If you refuse to sign the delivery document (POD), this will be taken as refusal to accept delivery and the goods will be taken away by the courier and will be returned back to our warehouse in Bolton, BL4 9TP.
Once the goods have been delivered to your specified shipping address, you become the owner and responsible of those goods. From the point of acceptance of goods, they will be at your risk which means you will be held liable for any subsequent damage, loss or destruction.
We advise that any faulty, damaged or missing goods are reported to us within 14 days of receipt of goods via contact us form. We also advise that photographic evidence is provided at the point of reporting the fault. (We advise you retain the original packaging until you are completely satisfied with your purchase.)
• You will be entitled to a full refund or a replacement if the goods are in fact deemed to be defective
• Please note that photographic evidence may be requested, of any faults or damages reported to us
• Any damaged goods or parcels, must be retained for inspection by Giftobay
• We also advise that you retain the packaging until you are fully satisfied with your purchase
Where it is established that Giftobay or the Courier are responsible for the damages to delivered goods, we will replace the damaged goods or if we are unable to do so, we will arrange a collection of goods for a full refund which includes all amounts paid by yourself, for the product.
Missing Goods / Parts
Any parts which are found to be missing can be easily resolved via contact us form and we advise that they are reported within 14 days of delivery. All you will need to do is provide the correct information and missing part number/letter as stated on the assembly sheet. We will then arrange for the requested parts to be dispatched out to you or the order resolved in a way satisfactory to yourself.
In the event of any unforeseen circumstances (including without limitation lorry breakdown, traffic accident, major traffic delays or severe weather) we will do our best to contact you to rearrange an alternative delivery times and / or dates. We will not be held responsible for any losses incurred due to a delay in delivery arising out of any cause beyond our control. If we fail to comply with these Delivery Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of the Delivery Terms or our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by yourself and Giftobay at the time we entered into this contract. Providing our delivery services to your property, we will ensure that there are no damages to your property caused by couriers in the course of our performance. However, we are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your property that pre-dated our performance of the delivery service.
Delivery Policy for Ordered Goods
This section of the Delivery Terms applies only to purchases made on our website: www.Giftobay.com and does not apply to orders made in store, unless goods are to be delivered and not taken away on the day of purchase. Once you have placed your order online, Giftobay send you an order acknowledgement email which will indicate an estimated delivery date for your goods to the delivery address specified in your order.
• We try our best to meet the estimated delivery dates however there are times where we are unable to do this and your confirmed delivery date will be different
• We would advise you not to make any plans to accept your delivery, for example booking time off from work, until we have confirmed the date with you
• We aim to deliver your order within 30 days of placing your order, depending on stock availability and where you live, however most orders are delivered within 15 days
• We will, in any event, deliver the goods within 30 days of your order unless otherwise agreed by you and us
• “Special Order” goods will take longer to deliver as they are being delivered directly from our suppliers. In the majority of cases, these will be delivered within 45 days from placing your order. If your order includes any additional products that are not “Special Order” then a separate delivery will be made
• Within 72 hours of placing your order online, we will send you a delivery advice email which will confirm the planned delivery date and specify whether delivery will be made by our 2-man-delivery-service couriers. It will also set out your delivery number. If you have included a mobile telephone number, our couriers will contact you, to confirm a delivery time and date, mutually agreed between yourself and the courier
By agreeing to our terms and conditions, you agree to check the delivery advice email and ensure you will be available to accept delivery of the goods on the delivery date. If you are unavailable, please contact us or our courier, to confirm a different suitable date, as soon as possible and, in any event, no later than 48 hours before the planned delivery date by contacting the after sales or sales representatives through our online ticket system or on 01204 792 700. If for any reason, you are unable to accept the delivery, on the mutually agreed time and date, there will be a re -delivery charge, which vary for orders with different total weights and can be advised by contacting the aftersales or sales representatives through our contact form or on 01204 792 700.
• Our couriers update order tracking details within 24-48 hours before delivery
• You can then access a consignment number, to track your delivery whilst on its journey to you
• Use the tracking number provided within your dispatch message sent to your email, by Giftobay, on the website provided to you, for this courier service
Changing the date of delivery
If you would like to change the delivery time or date, then you must contact Giftobay's customer services representatives, who will inform you whether it is possible or not, for the delivery time or date to be changed. Provided that the goods have not been dispatched for delivery, you may, before delivery, be able to amend the delivery date, or cancel your order by providing us with notice of such cancellation or amendment by using our contact us form.
You're right to cancel "off the shelf" goods
Where you place an order through Giftobay for standard products which are not made to your specification you can cancel your order at any time before the goods are dispatched to you and we will provide a full refund of the price of the goods and any delivery and other charges which you have incurred. Following dispatch of the goods, we advise you to notify us within 14 days if you no longer require the goods. This means that if you change your mind about the goods, or for any other reason you decide you do not want to keep the goods, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the contract, and then return the goods to us for a refund. If your order comprises of more than one item which are delivered on separate days, or one product which is delivered in instalments on separate days, you may cancel your contract in respect of all instalments and any or all of the goods up to the end of the day which is 14 days after the day on which you receive the last instalment of the goods or the last of the separate goods ordered. Nothing within this returns policy or the general terms and conditions affects your statutory rights under law, and in particular you will always be entitled to return goods to us for a full refund if they were misdescribed, or are not of satisfactory quality or reasonably fit for their purpose and we cannot remedy the fault to your reasonable satisfaction. In such circumstances, we will refund the price of the goods in full, together with any applicable delivery charges and any reasonable costs you incur in re turning the item(s) to us.
How to cancel
If you wish to cancel an order or contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. You can do this in writing. You can alternatively contact us on-line, in which case we will email you to confirm that we have received your cancellation. In addition, you may also give us written notice of your cancellation. This can be done by writing to us at Giftobay, 14 Stone Hill Road, Express Trading Estate, Farnworth, Bolton, BL4 9TP. You must include your order number in the written notice, and clearly specify which goods you wish to return. Whether you send your cancellation notice by post or online, the cancellation will take effect on the day it is sent to us. An automatic response using our online cancellation form, will be sent to yourself to confirm you have filled this online form in.
Where you cancel the contract after the goods have been delivered you agree to return the goods to us by following the procedure set out below. We fully understand that your circumstances may alter and so you have the right to cancel your order as stated above, whereby we request that you put this in writing. Any cancellations made on an order, after the 14 days on which you receive the goods, may be subject to a charge. Any cancellations made on an order, during or after dispatch, may also be subject to a charge. Any requests for assembly of products must be made in writing. If a cancellation request is made during assembly of a product, then partial fees paid for this assembly will not be refunded back to your account. If a cancellation request however, is made after assembly of a product, then these assembly fees may not be refunded back to your account. Goods that are ordered as a “special order” can only be cancelled, as per above, before dispatch. In this case, after we have sent you our order confirmation you will have entered into a binding contract to buy the goods, and because the goods have been ordered as a “special order” (where the goods are delivered straight from our suppliers), this may be subject to a charge. If we receive your request to cancel your order, after dispatch, or while in transit, you may incur an additional charge to have the goods returned back to our warehouse. If your order has been dispatched, please ensure the delivery is marked as refused and a refund will be processed once the goods have been returned back to our warehouse in Bolton, BL4 9TP.
Returning your goods
If the goods have been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your contract, we advise that you return the goods to us without delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the contract. To arrange collection of the unwanted goods please contact Giftobay by contacting us or alternatively you can speak to a Sales Advisor on 01204 792 700. Please have your order number and delivery receipt to hand. We will then arrange for your unwanted goods to be collected by a Sales representative. You agree to return the goods in full, in a resalable condition and Giftobay also asks that you return the packaging with the goods where possible. You are responsible for the cost of returning the goods, unless the goods are faulty or not as described, in which case we will refund any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us. If you are returning your goods because they are faulty or incorrect, no collection fee will be charged.
If you decide to return the goods, with your own courier, and we receive the goods damaged whilst in transit, you are responsible for the costs of the damage that has been incurred and a charge will be made for the damage to the goods. If you decide to return goods to us after you have started to assemble them then you should disassemble them to the extent necessary to allow them to be properly returned. However, if disassembly is reasonably likely to cause damage to an item plea se leave it assembled and let us know by contacting us or alternatively you can speak to a sales advisor on 01204 792 700.
Taking reasonable care of the goods
You agree to take reasonable care of the goods from the time that they are delivered to you until the time that they are returned.
Conditions of Collection
Collection of the goods will only take place from the delivery address to which they were delivered and will be subject to the following conditions:
• You agree to provide Giftobay with as much detail as possible of relevant features of the delivery address which floor the items are to be collected from, whether there are any narrow doors etc.) in order to help our representative prepare for the collection
• You agree to ensure that there is suitable access to the chosen collection location
• If our representative reasonably considers that collection from the room of your choice is likely to cause damage to the goods or to your property, they will inform you and record this concern on the collection document. You ma y instruct our representative to collect the goods in spite of such concern but we will not be liable for any damage caused to your property or to the goods as a consequence of us attempting collection on your instructions (provided that reasonable care is taken in collecting the goods)
• You agree to give our representative all goods which are being returned, including all component parts of such goods and all related items or accessories (and if possible the original packaging) which are included in the price of the goods being returned
• A collection document must be signed by you to confirm that the collection has taken place. The collection document will be provided by the representative who comes to collect your goods
• If you are not personally available to accept delivery of the goods you may appoint a representative to do so on your behalf. The representative must be an adult capable of supervising collection on your behalf, and you agree that we will be entitled to rely on the representative's instructions as if they were your own
Refunding your money
We will refund the price you paid for the goods and credit the refund you are due to the credit or debit card that you made payment with. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
We will make any refunds due to you within a reasonable period of time after we have received the goods.
Refunding your money
We will refund the price you paid for the goods and credit the refund, you are due to the credit or debit card that you made payment with.
Your consumer rights
This returns policy does not take away any statutory rights you may have. For more information contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau www.citizensadvice.org.uk. This returns policy is in accordance with your right to cancel a contract formed at a distance under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Our entire liability to you under these general terms and conditions and returns policy shall not exceed the price paid for the goods you have purchased through Giftobay, provided that we take reasonable care when we deliver the goods to you.
If you would like more information about Giftobay, or want to get in touch with us, please contact us or you can speak to an Giftobay advisor by calling 01204 792 700.